Thursday, January 05, 2006

Boxing Bets - This Weekend's Fights

Well, I haven't bet boxing in a while, but I feel like getting back into it. I used to bet easy favorites A LOT to pad my parley bets ( years ago). I have since done the math and given up betting parleys completely…

Anyway, I’m on two huge favorites this week, in an effort to ease back into boxing... I'm also on ticketmaster right now thinking about buying tickets to Don King Presents: Zab Judah vs Baldomir : Mormeck vs Bell.

This weekend’s boxing bets:
1/6/06: Joel Jair Julio vs Robert Kamya Welterweight
Joel Jair Julio -700
Joel Julio is an up and coming star (25-0, 22 KOs). Robert “The Doctor” Kamya (15-5, five KOs)owns a title, but is still considered no match for Julio.
“Quite simply, Julio is the most intriguing and explosive prospect in boxing,” said ESPN.com’s Dan Rafael. “The Colombian is a massive puncher who oozes charisma in the ring. His power is scary. We have said it before and we will say it again: If Julio can take a shot, he will be a world champion. Expect 2006 to be a big year for him. The bandwagon will pull away soon, but there is still time to hop on board.”
1/7/06: Jean Marc Mormeck vs O' Neil Bell WBC/WBA/IBF Cruiserweight Title
Jean Marc Mormeck -450
Both are Don King fighters, and I think he wants Mormeck to secure the belts.

All bets are to risk 1 unit (which is a percentage of my betting bankroll)… so I’m betting 2 units to win peanuts… peanuts can add up though…

Good Luck.

- The Online Sports Bettor