Monday, January 09, 2006

Weekend Recap - NFL Playoffs Bets and Boxing Bets

3-2 (+0.94 units) on the Wild Card Round of the Playoffs for this sports betting blog. 1-1 (-0.86 units) on boxing.

Quick Recap of Plays:

Football Bets:
Washington +2 -115 – WIN
Carolina Panthers (+2.5) +105 – WIN
Pittsburgh Steelers -3 +102 NFL Free Pick - WIN
Jacksonville Jaguars +7.5 -108 - Loss
Washington Redskins/Tampa Bay Buccaneers Total Points OVER 36.5 -105 – Loss

Boxing Bets:
Joel Jair Julio -700 – WIN
Jean Marc Mormeck -450 – Loss (Never bet on the French!!!)

Well, 3-2 in the NFL isn’t bad, especially with some of the plus money lines that I cashed on. Pittsburgh and the Panthers were easy covers, probably made easier by the injury to Carson Palmer. I found myself rooting for Tampa Bay near the end of the Wachington game, just to try to cover the over… they had a few shots, but they just couldn’t get it done. The New England fade didn’t cash either, but the Pats defense won me my NFL Playoffs fantasy football league @ sportsline (private money league) this week with 6 sacks, a the couple of turnovers, and a score... so it’s not all bad.

This wasn’t the opening to boxing that I was looking for (my first 2 bets on this sport in years), but that money will return with time… I’m going to be more selective in the fights I bet in the future, especially ones with Don King on both sides…

Record on all posted football bets: 30-16-1, +13.06 units
Record on posted boxing bets: 1-1, -0.86 units

Good Luck.

- The Online Sports Bettor