Thursday, February 16, 2006

The 2005 Football Season Recap

I started this blog on NFL week 11, 2005 after going 5-0 in week 10. After this week, I decided to share all my bets with the world. Before this page, I only posted my best weekly bet (one a week) at a different site. From that site I had a decent following after going 15-6-1 in the 2004 season, and since I have never charged any money for a play, I decided to start this blog to post all my plays here for free.

Since that time, I’ve posted every bet that I’ve made since on the NFL and ended the 2005 season a winner at 38-23-1 (up 14.88 units) since the NFL’s 11th week. I also ended my year going 15-6 on my best weekly plays on the other site (talk about consistency). In fact, if you only look at my best plays, they are 30-12-1 since I started posting them. Not too bad :O)

Anyway, I’m writing this now (and linking to it) as it should be an easy reference to anyone that may be interested in following my plays in the future and wants to see my record. After all, a sports bettor’s record is probably the best way to judge how good he really is…

Some quick points:
I never charge any money for a play.
I bet all my plays (or else I wouldn’t post them).
I try to post all my plays (and have only missed a few so far).
If I don’t post a play by game time, I don’t count it in my record.
For the football season, I posted most of my plays mid-week in order to allow for people who follow them to have plenty of time to do their own research and/or bet.

Anyway, that’s enough for now. I’ll be betting baseball this year, but I’m not quite sure how I will be posting my plays for this as I know I wouldn’t have time to write up each game. I also always end up calling in some bets as games happen during the day, so I probably won’t be able to post all my plays here. But I still have some time to figure this out.

Good Luck.

- The Online Sports Bettor