Monday, February 06, 2006

Vote: Did the officials steal the Super Bowl?

ESPN poll on the homepage.

Some of the larger percentages...

3) Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?
78.4% Unfairly favored the Steelers
16.8% The right calls were made
4.8% Unfairly favored the Seahawks

5) Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter?
73.0% No
21.0% Yes
5.9% I'm not sure

7) Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens?
73.7% No
15.6% Yes
10.7% I'm not sure

Kevin Mench of FOX Sports writes:
I've never felt so empty being right. I feel dirty. I wish I'd been wrong. The Steelers did not deserve to win this game. They were not the better team. O'Connor was right. Seattle was the better team.
I was on the Hawks, but shit happens. Congrats to all the Steelers fans. Even though I lost, I'm happy for the city and the Bus :O)

- The Online Sports Bettor