Friday, November 03, 2006

Week 9 NFL Football picks

How is Denver not a play? How is Pitt favored? I have no idea what's going on with this line, and it scaries me. I give the edge to Denver, but so does the rest of the sports betting nation... wierd... games like this, it's usually best to pass or go the other way. Saying that, I'm still in debate.

Another game that jumps out is Maimi/Chicago. The Bears killed the 49ers last week. The Dolpins haven't covered yet this year. 90% of the public is on the Bears, yet I still find value in a line that hasn't moved since it opened. This game REALLY looks like a trap. That said, I have to sit on it for now and possibly bet the other way (on the Fish).

Even the home dogs look off this week, with the exception of the San Francisco 49ers...

San Francisco 49ers
5-November-2006 1:05 PM PST
Spread +5 for Game -108
Home dog getting points. The line has moved a point in the right direction. The Vikings got cruched last week and now have across the country to face a team who plays their best at home. San Fran isn't anything great, but I'll take the points in this one.

Green Bay Packers/Buffalo Bills
5-November-2006 10:00 AM PST
Total Points OVER 40.5 for Game -110
I respect the Packers Defense (and I'm starting them this week in a fantasy league), but the Bills may finally break above 20 points this week. With Brett Farve throwing to Driver, Losman throwing to Evans, and McGahee and Ahman Green running the ball, I see this game going over. I'm expecting a few turnovers, but more big plays.

Anyway, that's it for now... I have a lot of games to sit back and think on... I'll see how things develope tomorrow before I make the rest of the bets... but there should be more.

Good Luck.

- The Online Sports Bettor