Friday, September 11, 2009

First NFL bet of the year - Week 1 Football Betting

I didn't realize that my last post was titled "football picks", and I didn't post any picks... Anyway, if you followed my lean on the Titans, congrats you won your first game of the year. Now I'm trying to win mine.

Dallas Cowboys/Tampa Bay Buccaneers UNDER 39

Who knows what these offenses will do? The Cowboys are without TO and are facing the 2008's 4th best pass defense. Tampa's offense is a mess. They fired their offensive coordinator a couple weeks ago and are installing a new West Coast offense lead by Byron Leftwich. They're still a rushing offense, but without a good running back. Instead they'll be cycling 3 different RBs on and off the field. This early in the year, I expect both these teams to struggle offensively and focus on the run (and eat the clock).

Thoughts:
There's been a lot of money dumped on San Fran today. With Boldin questionable and Fitz matched up vs Nate Clements, this could be a long day for the Card's offense. Clemens held Fitz to 31 and 46 yards in their two meetings last year. I'm keeping my eye on this line. Unfortunately it's been moving in the wrong direction, but I expect that to change on Sunday. I'll let you know if and when I bet this game. It's not a play yet, but it's worth looking at.

I'll have more up this weekend.

Good Luck
The Online Sports Bettor