Monday, February 01, 2010

A Couple of Super Bowl Prop Bets

Looks like I should have taken my own advice and bet on the AFC in the Pro Bowl. Oh well, on to the Super Bowl.

Total Receiving Yards – Reggie Wayne over 82½ (even odds)
Everyone is jumping on the Pierre Garcon bandwagon. You should see the odds on his over/under in this game. If I didn't like this to be a high scoring affair, I would be betting the under on Garcon for sure. That said, I think that this is the better bet. Wayne is still Indy's #1 WR, and I expect him to see a lot action. The price is good because Wayne wasn't the Colts #1 vs the Jets (thanks to Darrelle Revis), but he'll regain that title in the Super Bowl.

Total Passing Yards – Drew Brees under 300½ (-130)
Brees hasn't thrown over 300 yards since Dec 6. A few weeks ago, the Saints scored 45 points vs Arizona, and Bress only threw for 247 yards in that game. The Saints don't need to throw the ball to score.

You can find these bets at BoDog. I'll be back with more bets later in the week.

Good Luck
The Online Sports Bettor