Saturday, February 04, 2012

My bet for the Super Bowl - The New England Patriots

After a lot of thought and consideration, I’m betting the New England Patriots to win the Super Bowl. I’m not betting as much as Birdman ($5 Million) or Sir Charles Barkley ($100,000), but I’m still throwing down some of my hard earned cash on the Pats -3. And why not? This spread is low. I know it could be a close game, but the odds are in the Patriots favor. I think they cover in this spot 7 out of 10 times. Of course it is still gambling, so there is a chance that the Giants cover and/or win, but the smart money is on the Patriots.

When I say the smart money is on the Pats, I’m not talking about Birdman’s or Barkley’s. I’m talking mine and a few other sports bettors I know. I’m backing Bill Belichick, a 3 time Super Bowl winning coach. This is his fifth Super Bowl as the head coach of the Patriots, and he’s one of the best coaches in NFL history. He also has Tom Brady leading his offense. Tom Brady, aside from being married to the world richest super model, is a 3 time Super Bowl winner, a 2 time Super Bowl MVP and a 2 time league MVP. How can you really bet against them?

The Giants have a good defense, but New England will put up points and control the clock. Eli will drive and score on the Patriots defense, but it won’t be enough to overcome the Patriots offense. And that is why the Patriots cover. So my first Super Bowl bet is:

The New England Patriots -3 over the New York Giants

I’m not betting on the total as I don’t see a lot of value in it.

Prop Bets for the Super Bowl

Total Interceptions in the Game - Over 2 +100 - In all Super Bowls, there were less than 2 interceptions only 8 times and 3 of those times were in the first 10 years. I expect this bet to most likely win or push.

Tom Brady Total Rushing Attempts - Over 3 -115 - The Giants pass rush will force Brady out of the pocket, and Brady can run. Quarterback sneakers and kneel downs also count, and he sneaks a lot on short yardage.

Total QB Sacks in the game – Over 4.5 +110 - Both teams are good at rushing the passer.

That is all for now.

I’m still looking at more prop bets, and I’ll be back to add a few more bets later.

Good Luck!
The Online Sports Bettor