Thursday, January 31, 2008

Super Bowl Money Line and Prop Bets

New England Patriots Money Line -450 (to win 2 units)

Okay, I pulled the trigger on a side. Granted, I'm giving a lot of chalk, but let's take a closer look.

The Pats are 18-0 this season. There has never been a hotter team in the NFL. Never.

Also the line is at -11.5. Normally a money line at this price would equal a spread of -7.5 or -8, so this bet is carrying an extra 3 or 4 points in value over the spread. Anytime you find a bet like this, you should take it over the spread.

Why is the Money Line so different? Well most Pats backer are probably betting the spread, and there is probably a good number of Giants backers betting their team to win straight up. This creates a split between the lines that most bettors won't realize, and with this happening on the heaviest bet game of the year, I doubt the 2 lines will move together.

My list of Super Bowl Prop Bets from BoDog
- Ahmad Bradshaw - Total Receiving Yards UNDER 11½ -130
- Will Laurence Maroney score a touchdown? YES -210
- Plaxico Burress - Longest Reception OVER 23½ -115
- Will the entire Fox pre-game team pick the Patriots to win the Super Bowl? NO +130
- How Many Times will Joe Buck mention Peyton Manning's name during the Broadcast? (Joe Buck must mention full name in order to count.) UNDER 5½ -120

Look at my older posts for write ups on each.

I'm going out of town this weekend for the game, so I might not write much until after the Super Bowl. I will post any other bets I make, but don't look for any write ups.

Anyway, that is all for now.

Good Luck this Super Bowl.

The Online Sports Bettor

Labels: , , ,